Rhinoplasty surgery, the correct and medical procedure commonly referred to as a “nose job“, is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries performed each year. Even the slightest change to your nose can have a dramatic effect on the way you look. For the majority of people a nose job provides very satisfactory results. The most obvious benefit of rhinoplasty is renewed self-confidence in the way you look by improving the aesthetics of your nose. Whether it is to reshape what nature provided, repair damage from an accident or injury, or alleviate structural issues that impede breathing, hundreds of thousands of patients successfully turn to rhinoplasty every year. A well-done rhinoplasty surgery usually provides a nice enhancement to the facial features by restoring/enhancing facial balance. Repeated scientific studies have shown that when you look at someone you first look at their eyes then, you track to their nose and mouth. Anything attractive in these primary areas of focus can create a favorable impression.
There are also a number of functional benefits of nose jobs for those who have suffered from breathing difficulties as a result of the shape of their nose. A septorhinoplasty can be done at the same time as the nose job, and can help open up the nasal passages, allowing you to breathe more easily. It can also help with birth defects such as cartilage deviation or nasal asymmetry and can alleviate symptoms that may affect the entire circulatory system.
Top 10 Benefits of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Confidence – The number one benefit of a rhinoplasty surgery is confidence! Nose job improves self confidence in people who are self-conscious about their appearance and shape of their nose.
- Improve Breathing – Get rid of breathing difficulties. Nasal breathing may be improved after rhinoplasty procedure.
- Fix Broken Nose – The nose is the most commonly broken facial bone. Rhinoplasty can improve injury related nasal deformities.
- Sinus Problems – Rhinoplasty surgery may be combined with sinus surgery to fix breathing problems and chronic sinusitis. Sinusitis means your sinuses are inflamed.
- Revision Rhinoplasty – Also known as secondary or tertiary rhinoplasty, it is a procedure that corrects prior unsuccessful surgery of the nose.
- Correct Birth Defects – Rhinoplasty can be performed to meet aesthetic goals and correct congenital malformations of the nose.
- Restore Facial Symmetry – Nose job surgery can correct myriad problems, such as a crooked nose or bulbous tip.
- Bullying – The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Rhinoplasty Surgery (AAFPRS) believes that 76 percent of teen plastic surgeries are requested because of bullying.
- Snoring – Rhinoplasty surgery may stop or reduce snoring, as well as other sleep problems. 23% of couples sleep in separate bedrooms because of their partner’s loud snoring which interrupts their sleeping and makes it uncomfortable to be in the same bed as their partners.
- Career Reasons – Many patients believe that the nose job surgery improves their careers and contributes to their success and power on the job. Many individuals also get rhinoplasty to stay competitive in the job market and look younger.